Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurie J Blanscet has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Male Circumcision
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I had really liked Dr. Blanscet when I first started seeing her [past tense], she seemed like a great doctor, and she seemed to genuinely care. Which is why the treatment I received is so puzzling, and hurtful. Shortly after I started receiving treatment from her, she joins MDVIP, a concierge service where I had to pay a $450. fee every 3 months [in addition to my insurance] in order to continue seeing her. The fee is supposed to guarantee patients more focused attention & care. Part of this was to be able to text or call after hours for urgent matters, and you get a free wellness exam every year. I thought it was crazy expensive but I didn't have another doctor & I really liked her so I paid it. After approx 4 years of paying that crazy fee, I get a letter from her office saying they are dumping MDVIP because MDVIP was going to raise their rates. I was thrilled thinking they were going to stop charging the high fees. But then I get the news they are just cutting out the middleman, and they want their patients to now pay their office directly! We were instructed to not speak to MDVIP about it. [Which I personally thought sounded kind of shady.] Her office asked me for my credit card, so they can bill me directly. So I went ahead and gave them my credit card number. THEN, out of nowhere, I receive a certified letter from Dr. Blanscet saying she's no longer going to be my doctor! Basically dumping me after all those years and all that money! They just abandoned me, even though I'm dealing with current health issues that she was treating me for! And they didn’t even give me a good explanation! The letter only says: “Due to a communication breakdown". Well what the heck does that mean???? I've got a phone & an Email...and we’ve communicated just fine…??? So I write to her office requesting an explanation or example of what they were meaning by this because I hadn’t a clue, but they didn't respond. Unbelievable! And here I thought she was such a wonderful doctor who really cared about me! Not!!! Luckily, I found another doctor who is really great and A LOT MORE AFFORDABLE. [I thank God for looking out for me]....But I will never forget what a shady outfit “An Optimal You” turned out to be. Seems money is far more important to her than the health of her patients.
Sadly, it is so easy for people to post untrue and damaging things. Dana was going through some personal issues that have now resolved, he is now back to his happy, caring self. Don't persecute him for a short time of being "off". He is better than most doctors. Dr. Blanscet and Christine are also very caring and compassionate, of course! Overall you get great care here! You can not have quality medical care without a wait these days. You need to realize that insurances do not pay doctors to help you, they are paid to get you in and out. When you wait, it is because the doctor and the P.A. are spending extra time with a prior patient AND they WILL spend it with you if needed. I NEVER feel rushed at this office. This is truly an office that cares about you! And followup they do! They make sure that you get your results and that you got what you needed.
Dana seems to be a mean spirited person which I will no longer see. However, Christine is wonderful and emphatic. Very much like Dr. Blanscet. Strangers have made unsolicited comments to me about Dana when they have seen on a perscription slip that Dr Blanscet was my doctor. Their comments were less than complimentary regarding him.
Dr. Blanscet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Laurie J Blanscet accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDr Blanscet Family Practice, 29995 Technology Dr Ste 203, Murrieta, CA
Dr. Laurie J Blanscet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murrieta, CA.