Dr. Laurie Demmer Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Laurie Demmer?

mom of special needs young adult

Posted on March 12th, 2013

the person who gave this dr a poor review is out of her mind. this doctor is amazing. if she did some research about the whole thumb business, she would see that she is not being a responsible parent. what kind of a parent would not want their child able to function more normally in THIS world? she is making an irresponsible, selfish choice. she needs to consider the later social/emotional/physical ramifications of making this foolish choice. this dr is the only doctor who was able to diagnos my daughter correctly. i have met numerous parents of kids with genetic problems who feel this doctor is a GODSEND. if it weren't for this doctor, my daughter would have langished and quite possibly would have ended up mentally, emotionally and physically harmed beyond help due to the uselessness of doctors in the western part of the state, who for YEARS refused to believe there was anything wrong with my child. . She is amazing, and compassionate. any reasonable, assertive, rational parent would be able to immediately see that this doctor is one of the best available.

Go to childrens hospital....

Posted on October 13th, 2010

I have a daughter who was born with a birth defect. She was born without a thumb and a pinky and has a shorter arm,all on the left side. Dr. Demmer has been pushing me saying that she would most benifit from having her big toe transplanted to a thumb. I have told her repeatedly that I do not think it is necessary. She then told me that I was making the wrong decision. I then told her that its my child and if she wants to give an opinion thats fine but she can not tell me what is right for my child. Since our little "spat" i have not gone back to her and i do not plan on going back. We now go to childrens hospital now were the staff are more respectful of my family and our decisions.

Posted on April 14th, 2016