Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurie Diem
Dr. Laurie Diem, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Issaquah, WA, with other offices in Edmonds, WA and Loma Linda, CA (and 8 other locations). She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Diem is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Issaquah, Casa Colina Hospital and Loma Linda University Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Laurie Diem has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I called to get some info in regards to the affiliation of the hospital. I was told to call back at 2:00pm (it was 12:00) because they were on a 2hr lunch! if they are that uneducated about who they are affiliated with (which is a simple question) then I can only imagine how bad they run the office. stay away there is better medical groups out there!!
I cannot comment on the doctor herself because i haven't met her yet but I can definitely say that the office staff did not create a good impression of the office. I called for an appointment for the very first time and I also wanted to make sure they have a flu shot available for my child when I took him for the annual check up. The office staff kept on lying about whether they had the shots or not. First they said they did not , then they said they were not sure, then they said they might. During the entire phone call the only thing they wanted to know is what kind of insurance I had. And the shot availability depended on that. If they got good money for my visit they would say they had the shot and vice versa. Probably most offices do that but they made it look so obvious. So finally after knowing what insurance I had they told me they had the flu shot! On their recorded message (when you are on hold) they say that our health is of utmost importance to us, but it did not feel like that at all. It is very disheartening to get this kind of treatment from a pediatrician's office when you are trying to find a nice doctor for your kid.
Dr. Diem is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center - Issaquah
Casa Colina Hospital
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
San Antonio Community Hospital
18 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 1999
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Laurie Diem accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laurie Diem in this video.
Dr. Laurie Diem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Issaquah, WA.