Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurie Kile
Dr. Laurie Kile, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harrisburg, PA, with other offices in Mill Hall, PA and Huntingdon, PA (and 5 other locations). She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Kile is affiliated with J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Laurie Kile has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
It's nearly impossible to find a psychiatrist now who will do anything more than a five minute "med check". Dr. Kile actually spends time with patients (appointments have been 45-75 minutes). Figures out what's going on in your life, addresses concerns, makes lifestyle suggestions. I really appreciate a doctor taking the time to look at the bigger picture, not just pushing pills.
Yes, Dr. Kile has a certain style. But it is effective and she deeply cares. She doesn't coddle and is forthright -- both very good if indeed you want to be and stay better. She doesn't hold your hand, and she makes you responsible, and ultimately that is good. I have seen a number of metal health professionals and she is head and shoulders above the rest, hands down! She has made my life better. I highly recommend her.
Rude and confrontational. Already has treatment plan made upon first meeting the client. Does not embrace client-centered philosophies. Argumentative. Felt demeaning and as though she didn't have an ounce of passion in her body. Not a good experience. Would not recommend.
Dr. Kile is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital
20 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Laurie Kile accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laurie Kile is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.