Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurie Lipman
Dr. Laurie Lipman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Lipman is affiliated with Chicago Health Care System - West Side Div. - Jessie Brown Hospital and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Laurie Lipman has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Lipman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Chicago Health Care System - West Side Div. - Jessie Brown Hospital
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
27 Years Experience
Rush Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Laurie Lipman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laurie Lipman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.