Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurie Montano has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Laurie Montano has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
Dr. Laurie Montano is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have been a patient of Dr. Montano's for almost 10 years. I have an autoimmune disease,My illness is very rare and takes a lot of time and energy to keep me healthy. I feel I have received superior care from Dr. Montano. Dr. Montano gives me all the time I need when I have an appointment.She has worked with the mayo clinic and several area doctors to keep them posted on my condition. I have seen Dr. O Fallon when Dr. Montano is away and received the same high level of care , I always feet welcomed by the staff and I would highly recommend her to my friends
Dr. Montano is not only extremely competent, caring and compassionate she is one of the most thoughtful physicians I have had as a doctor. She always involves me in the decision making about my health and often is thinking about ways to improve my medications between visits. In addition, her ability to diagnose is exceptional.
20 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Laurie Montano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Internal Medicine And Pediatrics, 4048 Laurel St Ste 306, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Laurie Montano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.