Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurie Polis
Dr. Laurie Polis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics, Dermatopathology, Dermatology and Clinical Laboratory Immunology. Dr. Polis is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai. Dr. Polis has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Laurie Polis has the following 4 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your...
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine...
- Clinical Laboratory Immunology
Clinical laboratory immunologists study and research how disease develops and how to treat and monitor various types of disease. If your doctor suspects you have an immune-mediated or autoimmune condition, like celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis...
Dr. Laurie Polis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.