Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurie C Stanczak has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I was pregnant and have issues with bleeding, I called the office just to have to leave a message and wait for a nurse to call back...they said they paged the doctor and I would hear back that day. I never did ,and ended up having to go to the er the night, experiencing a miscarriage. Her partnet was on staff and said I needed to be seen within 48hrs. The next day I called to make an appointment to find out dr. Stanczak was on vacation...that's why I never got a call back...then after I explained the situation (what her partner said) her nurse was very cold, had a horrible attitude with me and told me I was being too anxious. Considering I was actively miscarrying, grieving and never expeiernced one before. I immediately found a new doctor. Her nursing staff is terrible, uncaring and unfortunately not concerned or helpful. I know miscarriages happen often but I was pretty much blown off when I called. Dr. Stanczak did a great job with my first delivery but refuse to go back because of her staff, or procedures on emergent situations.
I make my appointments first thing in the morning; I was the first patient today, and arrived at 7:45a.m., as I was told to do and I was the only patient there. I was called into the room at promptly 8, at 8:15, I could hear the doctor with a patient in the room next to me & I could hear them talking about shopping during the Christmas season! I was annoyed and going to leave if she didn't come to my room by 8:30, but she did. I do like here, but my time is important, too, as is all of the patients.
I saw Dr. Stanczak during my third pregnancy, beginning at about 9 weeks. She seemed very knowledgable. She did seem very cold and clinical though. The appointments never lasted more than 10 minutes (including the Pap which made things quite uncomfortable). She just seemed very rushed like she always had somewhere else to be. It became too frustrating for me and I ended up switching doctors at 25 weeks and couldn't have been happier.
22 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Laurie C Stanczak accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShores Podiatry Associates Pc, 30795 23 Mile Rd Ste 207, New Baltimore, MI
Dr. Laurie C Stanczak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Baltimore, MI.