Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj has the following 5 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj - Posted on June 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj - Posted on March 12th, 2015
Great Doctor if you can tolerate the poor office process, poor diagnosis process and staff with the poor bedside manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj - Posted on March 12th, 2012
#1) They don't send out reminders for appointments#2) The appointment clerk is like a robot and not afraid to say over and over that the Doctor is very busy and hard to see.#3) I was diagnosed with skin cancer and had one of the office staff call me. I felt like with a diagnosis of cancer that the Doctor should give me that news.#4) I was told that I had cancer and would have to have a procedure to have it cut out by a plastic surgeon. I was told the list was coming in the mail.#5) No list ever came. Luckily my friend gave me a referral and I git right in the surgeon.#6) They plastic surgeon took one look at me and offered to try a topical chemo medicine. So, I did not need the surgery to cut a huge chunk out of me.#7) I'm spreading the word to a number of my Cary and Raleigh friends about my bad experience. I bet they'll be more appointments available real soon.#8) They charge $10 to send me my medical file. I had my new Dermatologist call and get it for free
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBLUE RIDGE DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES, 3225 Blue Ridge Rd Ste 101, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Lavanya V Nagaraj is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.