Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laverne M Barnes
Dr. Laverne M Barnes, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Matteson, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Barnes is affiliated with MetroSouth Medical Center. Dr. Barnes has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Laverne M Barnes has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Laverne M Barnes has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 1 of 8
i have only being going to her for about 5mts. And she really make me feel good when i talk to her. and she also keep it real and not hold anything back.i also love her saff. i like that it`s mixed race there. i love that. i would always be going to her and i will never stop.... thank you Br barnes. you are turely and people lover.... thanks ....
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Laverne M Barnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. Laverne M Barnes
I believe in a partnership between the doctor and the patient with an emphasis upon open communication and education to achieve the best outcomes for each individual’s health.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laverne M Barnes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Matteson, IL.