Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Lawrence Jacobs has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This doctor the wonderful, however the front office staff, which used to be okay, has become terrible - extremely rude. The new receptionist also doesn't know the answer to most typical questions put to her. The two women that make up the front just glared at me and made feel hated. If this doctor wasn't so good I would never go back. Hopefully he will catch on and make some changes!
I have been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for years as he treated me for Giant Cell Arteritis, Gout, and now Arthritis. He has always been professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. Every member of his staff from receptionist to nurses to billing/appointment folks have been unfailingly courteous, attentive, and professional.
Dr Jacobs is great! He is very through and compassionate. He always takes time to listen and to explain. His office manager is another story. She is very rude and actually told me that I was "dismissed" me from the practice because rather than giving them the required 24 hour notice of cancellation, I only gave her a 21 hour notice.
Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Francis Hospital - Broken Arrow
Saint Francis Heart Hospital
Laureate Psychiatric Clinic & Hospital
48 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Strong Memorial Hospital
Lawrence Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology Associates, 5555 E 71st St, Tulsa, OK
Lawrence Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.