Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence K Alwine has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lawrence K Alwine has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lawrence K Alwine has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
I have been a patient of Dr Alwine for over 30 years. My mother and aunt were patients until their death. He is kind, gentle, intelligent, patient and deserves a higher rating than he's getting here. I firmly believe the office staff since Penn Medicine took over is to blame. They are not friendly, prompt, or professionally qualified. My husband had shoulder surgery a few months ago and required referrals....easy task for most doctors offices. Not these folks. It took numerous calls and finally a surprise visit from him to get it right. I myself have been waiting for a simple scriptorium be called into the pharmacy for four days now! This is totally unacceptable and may be what causes me to change doctors. This is not good patient care, it's bad business! I feel sorry for Dr. Alwine because he is a wonderful doctor and deserves better staff. Wake up Penn Medicine!!!
Issues with recording keeping and filing. My records seemed to be placed in wrong section of my electronic file. Every time I go in they're still in the wrong location but this doesn't affect my care. We discuss test results and move on. He's a caring, sincere doctor. He seems very earnest and humble. In fact, I think he cuts his own hair. ?? But once again this has no effect on care. It just humors me.
I have been a patient of Dr. Alwine's for 32 years. He sees all our adult children as well. He is super courteous, great bedside manner, and he truly cares. He will do everything within his power to find out what is wrong with you and send you to specialists when he has exhausted his means. He doesn't rush you and explains everything making sure you understand. Wait time can be a bit long because of his willingness to care for his patients. He knows about many rare disorders as well. Very professional and just an all around fantastic doctor.
I have been a patient with Dr. Alwine since he started in practice and doubt that you could find a better family doctor anywhere!
43 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Lawrence K Alwine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDowningtown Family Medicine, 77 Manor Ave Ste 100, Downingtown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence K Alwine in this video.
Dr. Lawrence K Alwine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downingtown, PA.