Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence D Amick MD
Dr. Lawrence D Amick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Idaho Falls, ID, with other offices in Arroyo Seco, NM and Idaho Falls, ID (and 1 other location). He has 73 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence D Amick has 4 locations
573 Hondo Seco Rd
Arroyo Seco, NM 87514
1106 S Boulevard
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
7060 E Rimrock Dr
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Dr. Lawrence D Amick has the following 3 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Lawrence D Amick has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Migraine Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
73 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1945
Dr. Lawrence D Amick Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Lawrence D Amick's office for more information.
6305 E Sidehill Ln Idaho Falls, ID : (208) 524-2350
573 Hondo Seco Rd Arroyo Seco, NM 87514
1106 S Boulevard Idaho Falls, ID 83402
7060 E Rimrock Dr Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lawrence D Amick is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Idaho Falls, ID.