Dr. Lawrence Cohen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Cohen?

Wonderful_Dotor!

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Dr. Cohen is caring, intelligent and kind. He is professional and went out of his way to follow up on my condition. I can't express in words, exactly how grateful I am to have him for a Doctor. God Bless Him!

Posted on September 16th, 2015

Very good and conpatiinate.

Posted on August 3rd, 2015

What a kind, generous and brilliant physician. I have seen him for nearly 20 years. He has always extended himself, been immediately available for emergencies and routine issues alike, and has even helped me with family member's problems pro bono. A real gem!

Posted on February 5th, 2015

He's a wonderful, caring doctor who has always been there for me.

One of the best

Posted on December 1st, 2014

I am a medical professional and work in a hospital with doctors all the time. I received a recommendation for my husband to see Dr. Cohen 20 years ago and he has been his gastroenterologist ever since, as well as mine too. No one knows more about colonoscopies and how to use the latest technology to perform exams. I would unconditionally recommend him to anyone that asked. He is excellent...if you want the best he is it.

Dr. Lawrence B Cohen

Posted on August 29th, 2014

Just so as not to confuse which Dr. Cohen I'm talking about I used his name as the title. I was under Dr. Cohen's care for many years and even though i found him a bit detached he seemed like a nice guy and a good Dr. His office however is not run very well. Incompetence was the rule rather then the exception. Recently I got a very inappropriate and angry call from Dr. Cohen. Due to the incompetence of his receptionist in dealing with a problem I was having with a prescription he decided I was causing too many problems and needed to be put in my place. While he was telling me off he told me that calling in prescriptions is actually charity work on their part. How they lose money every time they do it because the receptionist could be doing other things instead of calling the pharmacy. It was just out of the kindness of their hearts that they did it at all. This is after I had both a physical and a colonoscopy there in the beginning of the year. I guess he still didn't make enough money from it to warrant a couple of calls to the pharmacy. So be aware that this man is first and foremost about money. It took many years for me to find this out but that is the sad truth about Dr. Lawrence B. Cohen. Very disappointing.

cruel, controlling & a major creep

Posted on September 10th, 2013

Even though I did not care for him from the moment I met him, I continued to see him for 3 more appointments since he came highly recommended & I was hoping he could help. He was never nice, always condescending, dismissive & cruel. Because he could not diagnose my problem, he told me it was in my head. He then wanted to schedule me for another procedure which I had never heard of. I asked him what it entailed & he refused to explain, saying I didn't need to know. I left his office & never went back. Found another Dr who diagnosed my problem & also confirmed [having heard it from other patients] Dr Cohen's cruelty & horrific bedside manner.

Posted on November 27th, 2012

Took my son for a second opinion. Records were sent ahead of our visit and never even reviewed. During our short consultation Dr Cohen took two phone calls and did not excuse himself either time. His suggested treatment plan was wrong, fortunately we followed the advice of our third opinion. Overall I found Dr.Cohen to be very rude and extremely pompous.

Good experience

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

It's my third colonoscopy with Dr. Cohen over the past 10+ years and each time has been a positive experience. He is easy to speak with and takes time with patients before the procedure to discuss background medical history and the procedure. He also is very complete about findings after the procedure.

Posted on September 6th, 2012

I am shocked to read the first review on this site. Everyone has their personal viewpoint, and I respect yours, however it bogles my mind that you said he was"sadistic". Are we talking about the same doctor? I had been sick for one year, gone to a few doctors, and not one diagnosed me correctly. Dr Cohen diagnosed my Crohns disease, but than that, he treated me with so much kindness and was very caring through my pain. I ts difficult to understand your opinion, because my experience is that he is the most caring doctor and I'm grateful to have him as my doctor. I'm sorry you had that experience. I can't understand such a wide difference in opinions between us. Again I hope you found a doctor you like :)

Sadistic and cruel

Posted on February 2nd, 2012

The title should say it all. The office staff cowers under this "doctor" and apologizes after he is gone although the older staff members are so beaten up that they take it out on the patients. The doctor is not interested in patients that are covered by insurance co-pay. He has no time to examine patients thoroughly and to really try to find out what is wrong. It is time for the man to retire.

Rude

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

Answered 2 phone calls during first consultation never excusing himself or apologizing for the interuptions!