- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence B Stein has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Lawrence B Stein has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Celiac Disease
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Lawrence B Stein Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Lawrence B Stein
Born in St. Paul Minnesota, Dr. Stein graduated from the University of Minnesota Magna cum Laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and received his MD degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School with high honors including Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine and gastroenterology at Albert Einstein in Bronx, N.Y., interrupted by two years in the USAF. He was full time faculty at Albert Einstein for two years, and entered private practice in 1974. Dr. Stein is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and member of numerous specialty societies in gastroenterology and hepatology. He is a primary investigator in many clinical research studies particularly involving hepatitis C, and has published the results of those studies, receiving the President’s Choice Award for one of his studies at the 2000 American Association Study for Liver Diseases annual meeting. He is a primary investigator for a national study for treatment of hepatitis C. Dr. Stein has been named Top Doctor by New Jersey Magazine and Castle Connolly Guide. He has performed thousands of endoscopic procedures, including colonoscopies and upper endoscopies. He has been married for over 40 years, has three children and three grandchildren, is an avid sailor, gardener, photographer, reader and pianist, and enjoys theater, music and art.. Dr. Stein sees patients at the Morristown office.