Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence B Babat
Dr. Lawrence B Babat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Babat is affiliated with TriStar Skyline Medical Center and Williamson Medical Center. Dr. Babat has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence B Babat has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Lawrence B Babat has the following 8 expertise
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Disorders
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Lawrence B Babat is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 55
Doctor Babat was very focused and committed to providing me with the best possible care. He surrounded himself with a support team that was highly qualified and dedicated to every aspect of my needs. It has been three weeks since my surgery and the improvement has made a dramatic change in my quality of life.
I waited 3 weeks to see Dr Babat, the day of office visit the Physician Assistant came in. I asked why I'm not seeing Dr. Babat because no one told me I would be seeing the PA. He was rude and acted mad because I asked that question. I finally saw Dr. Babat for about 3 Minutes. Was disappointed but will see how it goes after my MRI.
Traveling from Out of town to see Dr. can be very challenging. Scheduling was very accommodating with my travel arrangements. Casey, RN, always followed up when receiving MRI films/faxes from Neurosurgeon, etc. Dr. Babat was very professional & made me feel at ease w/ 101 questions. Dr. Babat came highly recommended for correcting my Spinal Instrumentation Fusion.
I tried getting help for an extremely long time from many doctors. I was in such bad shape I was bed ridden and if I had to go to a doctor I took the chance of part of my body shutting down to protect itself as I walk, if you call it walked, with a walker. Now I can run! He basically saved my life and his the ONLY doctor I will allow to even look at my back because he's the only one I trust and believe. I never got a chance to Thank Your team for giving me my/a life back. My Primary is scheduling an appointment with him because I need help again .... they didn't even have to ask who would I be willing to see.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Babat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Lawrence B Babat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence B Babat in this video.
Dr. Lawrence B Babat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.