Dr. Lawrence Berson Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Berson?

So great I used him twice!!

Posted on November 16th, 2017

In July of 2002 I was involved in a very serious car accident where I suffered a completely shattered tails bone in my right foot/ankle. I was brought to st Francis hospital where Dr. Berson just happened to be the surgeon on call. He performed my surgery and afterwards was completely honest with me about the 50/50 chances of my foot healing properly if at all. Well needless to say my foot did not heal really at all, it was in a fixed downward position and I had no ROM at all, in fact the only thing that I could move were my toes! I lived with it that way for 15 years until this September when I had Dr. Berson do a fusion and lengthening of my Achilles and also he scraped out all of the sever arthritis I had accrued over time. I am about 3 months post op now and I just started walking with a boot, I'm not going to lie it's PAINFUL!! But I have to say Dr. Berson is a genius! My foot looks sooo much better, and I will be able to wear sneakers again! I lost any range of motion I had, but it was worth it to fix my posture and hopefully relieve my pain! I would recommend Dr. Berson to anyone, he is wonderful!

Cheilectomy surgery

Posted on November 10th, 2017

I had a bilateral cheilectomy completed by Dr. Berson in July 2017. I did need to find another dr due to my poor results. Dr. Berson only removed part of the spur on my left foot and I was unable to walk down stairs and bear weight on my left foot. As a result I had to have the surgery redone with the remainder of the spur removed. Having a surgery done twice is a major ordeal with dealing with anesthesia, pain, immobility, and time lost from work. I am young and felt that not being able to walk down stairs was too great a disability to be left with. Of note is that I didn’t have trouble with stairs before my surgery. When I came for my follow up visit I heard Dr. Berson telling his medical assistant that he did not know if I needed an X-ray because he could not remember who I was or what I was there for. The new Dr. I am going to has been going the xtra mile to make sure I get a good result. I have had hyaluronic injection for both feet and will use Dynasplint to regain my mobility for both feet to walk stairs. I asked Dr. Berson about dyna splints and was told he didn’t believe in them. I know a cheilectomy is a minor surgery but it can cause major problems when not done properly. There are other treatments after surgery that can improve the results of surgery. I have learned a lot from this experience but it has been a hard road.

Posted on June 16th, 2016

Last summer while working in the yard, I had a terrible accident. Coming down a hill I slipped and fell, breaking my ankle in 3 places. After leaving the emergency room, my first priority was to find an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Berson was recommended and he saw me the very next morning. My surgery was scheduled the very next day. I must commend Dr. Berson for his courtesy and bedside manners. His staff was very considerate and helpful with my insurance verifications. As for the surgery itself, it was flawless. My recovery went well with no complication. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence Berson for all of your orthopedic surgery needs.

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Dr Berson was excellent with my 11 year old daughter who needed double foot surgery. I would recommend anyone to him.

Wonderful doctor

Posted on February 10th, 2016

Avoid at all costs!

Posted on February 3rd, 2016

Completely unprofessional.

Posted on September 11th, 2015

He spends very little time with you and doesn't wash hands between patients, in a rush to move on to next pt. Wait time is long and when he ordered a brace for me, no one brought me one and I was charged, terrible experience all together.

Superhero Doctor!

Posted on June 29th, 2015

Dr. Berson operated on a fractured ankle and fractured heel after I was misdiagnosed my another doctor. The relief I felt after surgery was incredible after being in great pain for such a long time. Dr. Berson gives you all of his attention and is an expert in his field. I call him my 'Superhero'! I would sing his praises to anyone who will listen and definitely recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their ankles or feet.

Posted on September 9th, 2014

don't go to this man. he is clueless. talks out both sides of his mouth

Posted on July 8th, 2013

horrible experience due to his ineptness!! I recommend you stay as far away from this man as possible!!

Exellent experience

Posted on August 5th, 2011

Quick appointment with simple advice and help for my foot problems

Posted on April 26th, 2011