Dr. Lawrence E Blanchard III Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence E Blanchard III?

utter humiliation

My last visit was for skin problems on chest for which I had to undress . When he looked at me with utter disgust I almost cried. Prior encounters with him were civil never cordial . I shall never go back to see him even though the staff was polite but he was anything but that.

Took time to explain diagnosis. Seems very knowledgeable and familiar with skin problems if the elderly. Almost no wait time. All in all a very good experience!

Amateur Hour

I have had a disappointing experience with Lawrence Blanchard. He is is consistently late for appointments and only gives a few moments of treatment at each appointment. I feel he is more interested in making money than providing treatment.

Bad Experience

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. I am new to Richmond and found this practice in the Richmond Magazine top docs. The nurse saw me before the appt and asked me what I was coming in for. I had a skin issue that needed a prescription. While I was there I asked if I could also have a body scan for moles. The nurse asked me if that was all. I said I might have a question on skin care but that was it. She told me to undress and the doctor would be right in. When the Dr. came in he never shook my hand or said it's nice to meet you or even a hello, My name is Dr. Blanchard. Instead he said he heard "my list" of concerns and that I'd have to pick which one I'd like to take care of and save the rest for another appointment. I was stunned! I really needed a prescription for my skin issue so he looked at it while I was naked under that thin sheet for the mole check (that never happened)!! I was mortified. I told him I have never felt so rushed in my entire life. He said "how much time do you think you have?" I told him 15 minutes? He said, NO these are 10 minute appointments and then proceeded to waist 8 minutes of my time telling me about them being 10 minute appointments. He was beyond rude. New patient beware. It felt like all he cared about was quick turnover and quick money. The prescription he put me on was worthless. It did nothing to heal my skin. When I went to a different derm she said the prescription wasn't strong enough. Also the staff in the front desk at the Patterson office were very snobby, clicky and unwelcoming. The good thing is that he was very prompt. I barely waited 5 minutes to see him. It seems he keeps to a very tight schedule. Now I know why.

Went in to have a benign cyst removed and wanted to ask him a questions about a couple of rashes that I had. He told me he had only 15 minutes and that he could either look at the rashes or remove the cysts. Then asked me which one I wanted. I will never go back to him.

Dr. Lawrence E Blanchard III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Allen, VA.