The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Cone
Dr. Lawrence Cone, MD, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Rancho Mirage, CA. He has 59 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Infectious Disease. Dr. Cone is affiliated with Eisenhower Medical Center and Eisenhower Memorial Hosp, Rancho Mirage, Ca. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Cone has the following 4 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Lawrence Cone has the following 17 expertise
- AIDS-Related Complex
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Bacterial Infections
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
- HIV Infections
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
Dr. Lawrence Cone has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Cone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Eisenhower Medical Center
Eisenhower Memorial Hosp, Rancho Mirage, Ca
59 Years Experience
Graduated in 1954
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions39000 Bob Hope Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA
Dr. Lawrence Cone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.