Dr. Lawrence Crossett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Crossett?

Posted on August 17th, 2017

Hip and knee replacement. I'm very satisfied.

Disabled for Life

Posted on July 31st, 2017

I was referred to this man by my cousin, who is also a physician. I was told that he was one of the best in Pittsburgh, so I overlooked his immediate demeaning attitude because I was more concerned about the level of his skills than I was about his bedside manner. Big mistake! I had a total hip replacement by him in 2013 and here we are, 4 years later, and I'm still using a cane in order to walk with some degree of normalcy. Without the cane, I have a severe limp (called Trendelenburg Gait). After 1 year had passed since the surgery, Crossett finally recognized that there was a problem, given how severely I limped. In fact, he said, “that's one of the worst limps I've ever seen.” Instead of ordering additional diagnostics, other than an x-ray, he simply ordered more physical therapy. I had already gone through 6 months of formal PT. Regardless, I did another 4 months of PT and still had no improvement. I endured his arrogance and lack of professionalism for over 1 1/2 years and decided that it was time to seek another opinion. I found a surgeon at Magee Hospital who explained that the surgical approach that Crossett uses (lateral approach, going in from the side of the hip area) can result in issues with the muscles because they are cut. The new surgeon immediately ordered an MRI and, lo and behold, it revealed that I had a torn and detached gluteus medius. This is the muscle on the side of the hip that controls one's gait. My new surgeon attempted a revision. The results were good and bad: Good because he was able to reattach the muscle; bad because since the muscle had been inactive for over a year, it had atrophied. I will be using a cane for the rest of my life! Please learn from my mistake and go with your initial gut instincts about whomever you select to perform your surgery. I was turned off by this man from my first appointment, but I decided to hang in there. Crossett was arrogant, narcissistic and down-right rude from the beginning. Had I listened to my inner voice, I would not have walked out of his office – I would have run out!

Patient Beware!

Posted on July 10th, 2017

I was referred to this man by my cousin, who is also a physician. I was told that he was one of the best in Pittsburgh, so I overlooked his immediate demeaning attitude because I was more concerned about the level of his skills than I was about his bedside manner. Big mistake! I had a total hip replacement by him in 2013 and here we are, 4 years later, and I'm still using a cane in order to walk with some degree of normalcy. Without the cane, I have a severe limp (called Trendelenburg Gait). After 1 year had passed since the surgery, Crossett finally recognized that there was a problem, given how severely I limped. In fact, he said, “that's one of the worst limps I've ever seen.” Instead of taking responsibility for it and discussing possible testing or methods to correct the problem, he simply ordered more physical therapy. I did another 4 months of PT and still had no improvement. I endured his arrogance and lack of professionalism for over 1 1/2 years and decided that it was time to seek another opinion. I found a surgeon from Magee Hospital who explained that the approach (lateral) that Crossett uses can result in issues with the muscles because they are cut. The new surgeon immediately ordered an MRI and, lo and behold, it stated that I had a torn and detached gluteus medius. This is the muscle on the side of the hip that controls one's gait. My new surgeon attempted a revision. The results were good and bad. Good in that the muscle was now reattached; bad because since the muscle had been inactive for over a year, it had atrophied. I will be using a cane for the rest of my life! Please learn from my mistake and go with your initial gut instincts about whomever you select to perform your surgery. I was turned off by this man from my first appointment, but decided to hang in there. Crossett was arrogant, narcissistic and down-right rude from the beginning. Had I listened to my inner voice, I would not have walked out of his office – I would have run out!

Posted on January 27th, 2017

dr crossett replaced both of my knees 2 years ago and gave me my life back he is amazing

Wonderful doctor

Posted on October 21st, 2016

Had gone to another doctor for knee replacement in January. In three weeks, knee became infected, another surgery. Doctor had him coming month after month for appointments without being proactive for three months. Now we are into October and it was twice the size of the other knee and he was in terrible pain. A friend recommended Dr. Crossett and we got an appointment right away. He spent an hour with us along with his intern, Brad, who is excellent. They said they would do surgery again and this time place a spacer with antibiotics in place of his knee due to yet another infection. He is currently resting at home until we go back yet again in 6 weeks to put his knee back in. I am so glad we found Dr. Crossett. He knows his stuff.

Avoid like the plague if you need a great surgeon who is also compassionate

Posted on June 15th, 2016

He had a preconceived opinion about me based on my medical history (fibromyalgia) before he ever entered the exam room. When we spoke, he barely examined me and then told me that my examination and x-rays were unremarkable. He didn't care about my symptoms or pain level and pretty much dismissed me.

Posted on February 25th, 2016

Dr Crossett is an excellent surgeon & amiable individual. He replaced both of my knees with perfect results & I have referred friends & family to him. Trust him with your orthopaedic needs.

Posted on June 8th, 2015

Dr. Crosett did a double knee replacement on me 4 years ago--love him!

Metal poisoning leads to death.

Posted on April 9th, 2015

Obnoxious know it all. My spouse died from metal poisoning from a J&J Pinnacle hip. Of course he denied everything and defended J&J who compensates him very generously for pushing their faulty devices .

Posted on February 11th, 2015

Exceptional care.

40+ years of knee pain gone! Should have done sooner.

Posted on February 10th, 2015

Excellent Bi-laterial knee replacement

surgery

Posted on July 8th, 2014

No i would not tell people to go to him he made a cripple out of me,