Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence D Platt has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Lawrence D Platt has the following 15 expertise
- Gynecologic disorders
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Obstetric Labor Complications
- Premature Labor
- Hydrops Fetalis
- Ovarian Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Diseases
- Chromosome Disorders
- Fetal Erythroblastosis
- Pregnancy Complications, Neoplastic
- Prenatal Care
- Breech Presentation
Dr. Lawrence D Platt has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence D Platt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
When six months pregnant, my son's brain appeared to be growing outside of his skull. Several doctors suggested aborting immediately so the baby wouldn't "ruin our lives." Two suggested in-utero surgery to mitigate the severe handicaps our son would be facing. Dr. Platt said we were looking at a large birthmark and should not worry. He spent an entire Saturday morning with us answering questions and even brought in two more experts to take a look. We went with Dr. Platt's diagnosis because he by far spent more time reviewing our case than any other doctor. Dr. Platt's patience and caring in this terrible time was unending. When our son was born, doctors still disagreed as to what the mass was, and neurosurgery was scheduled. One hour into the surgery, the neurosurgeon announced Dr. Platt was right. It was just a birthmark. Aside from a bald spot, our son is completely normal and healthy. We were lucky to have found Dr. Platt. He is a gifted diagnostician, as well as a caring person who helped our family through its darkest hour.
Dr. Platt is THE best! I love him! I can't say enough about how much the man cares about his patients and his job. He went above and beyond to take care of me emotionally and physically during a very trying time in my pregnancy. I wish he were my regular dr and could deliver my baby! I trust him 100%.
Dr. Platt and his entire staff were the kindest, most gentle and professional medical professionals I have ever come across. My advice is if you are having prenatal concerns, make your appointment with him sooner rather than later. I learned the hard way timing can be critical if there is a problem.
The first time I saw Dr. Platt for my 12 week ultrasound I really liked him. But then when I went back for my 20 week ultrasound he really changed his tune. He was rude, bored by the fact that he even needed to deal with me and very patronizing. Several times during my ultrasound he told me to "Be quiet." He said I was asking too many questions. He would roll his eyes if I asked what he was looking at, and then started to just ignore me after a while. My regular OB/GYN said that I don't need an Amnio, but Dr. Platt kept trying to push one one me, even though he himself also said I don't really need one. It's like he was a used car dealer trying to up-sell me. Then when I kept declining he said it was better to have one and to know if there was anything wrong in case I wanted to terminate. WHAT?! I will NEVER go back to him or his offices. He has the worst bedside manner and I really hope pregnant women and their partners know this before going in. I cried after my appointment with him. Why should I have to go through such stress at one of the happiest times in my life? Dr. Platt needs to remember why he got into this field to begin with. To me it seems like he's just in it for the money.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Lawrence D Platt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Fetal Diagnosis, 6310 San Vicente Blvd Ste 520, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence D Platt in this video.
Dr. Lawrence D Platt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.