Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Brass MD, PHD
Dr. Lawrence Brass, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Radnor, PA and New Haven, CT (and 2 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Brass is affiliated with University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian, Hospital of the University of PA and University Of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Brass has 5 locations
Dr. Lawrence Brass has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence Brass has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Erythroblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Lawrence Brass is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Brass is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Hospital of the University of PA
University Of Pennsylvania Medical Center
36 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Lawrence Brass Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Lawrence Brass's office for more information.
3701 Market St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 349-5200
250 King of Prussia Rd Radnor, PA : (610) 902-2000
800 Howard Ave New Haven, CT : (203) 785-3351
950 Campbell Ave West Haven, CT : (203) 932-5711
3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia, PA : (215) 615-5858
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lawrence Brass is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.