Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence E Flaherty has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence E Flaherty has the following 22 expertise
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Clinical Research
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Lawrence E Flaherty has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Flaherty LISTENS. He enters the room, sits down and gets comfy, makes eye contact and hears your questions and concerns. He, his support staff (Cindy M) and other nurses are amazing. Never treat you second rate. He is a PROFESSIONAL in every way. He was also encouraging and kind. I am SO GLAD I was referred to Karmanos and Dr. Flaherty. If you have breast cancer, see Dr. Flaherty.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Milwaukee Regional Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence E Flaherty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKarmanos Cancer Institute - Wertz Clinical Cancer Center, 4100 John R St, Detroit, MI
Dr. Lawrence E Flaherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.