Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier has the following 12 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Staff (front end)was fair/good for interaction but what is important was the Doctor and his ability. He did a FANTASTIC job removing the cancer and re-suturing the wound. The area is one eyebrow and after taking off the bandages for the first time, I was very pleased on how he was able to re-create the eyebrow. The fine scar is now in the curved shape of the original brow. I would definitely go back to Dr. Fortier for any future skin cancer issues. The tech that helped him with my surgery was very accomodating and friendly, made the inbetween very tolerable. Knowledge and expertise, excellent; thats what these reviews are about, the Doctor, not necessarily the staff as a whole.
RECENTLY I HAD TO HAVE A BASAL CELL SKIN CANCER REMOVED FROM MY FOREHEAD.DR. FORTIER WITH HIS ASSISTANT LUCY,REMOVED THE TUMOR IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES..HE THEN CLOSED THE INCISION USING A TOTAL OF 17 SUTURES..I FEARD AN UGLY SCAR..HOWEVER AFTER HAVING THE SUTURES REMOVED I AM AMAZED AT THE RESULTS..JUST DAYS AFTER HAVING THEM REMOVED IT IS HARD TO TELL THAT I EVEN HAD THE SURGERY.A SLIGHTLY RED AREA IS ALL THAT REMAINS.THIS JUST LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY..THANK YOU DR.FORTIER AND LUCY ALSO.GLAD I HAD THE TUMOR REMOVED..I AM SURE THAT IN TIME IT WILL BE TOTALLY UN-NOTICABLE
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
42 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCosmetic Laser And Skin Care Center, 465 Silas Deane Hwy Ste 6, Wethersfield, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence J Fortier in this video.
Dr. Lawrence J Fortier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wethersfield, CT.