Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Lawrence S Gordon
Lawrence S Gordon is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Airy, MD. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 8
PROS: 1) Small office 2) Wait time is very low (5-10 minutes) 3) Dr. Gordon obviously knows medical information and diagnoses well. He explains health problems so you understand them. CONS: 1) They only accept cash and personal check. They didn't tell me beforehand that these were the only acceptable payments. 2) Dr. Gordon's first question about me (directed at the nurse) was what insurance I was on. Which gave me a very bad impression that his concern was more about the money he would earn from the visit as opposed to his concerns for my health. 3) Dr. Gordon seemed a little curt and rushed with me during my appointment. I got the impression he felt I was wasting his time. 5) Similar to what another reviewer said, he repeatedly complained about insurance companies. 6) I have called three days in a row, at multiple times during regular working hours (M-F, 9am-5pm) to cancel an appointment and was unable to reach them on several occasions. They are only available by phone. They don't always answer their phone, don't have voicemail, don't have email, and don't have a website. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Dr. Gordon. He definitely has a great deal of medical knowledge, but the inconvenience, bad bedside manner, and unreliable contact just don't make it worth it in my opinion.
Was pleasantly surprised to find that he called me back the very next day with my results. Made sure he spoke with the specialist while I was still in the office and helped get me an appointment ASAP. Sometimes intense which can be misunderstood as unfriendly, but I'm not there to make friends. I'm there for proper diagnosis and treatment, which I received...and then some. Will switch my children from their multi-doc practice to Dr. Gordon next time they're sick.
Hates insurance companies and lets his patients know. Disdain for insurance carriers gets in way of practicing medicine. If you question something, the response is, "It's the insurance companies, not us." Maybe so, but there is a professional way in which to tell a patient/customer something they do not want to hear without coming across as curt and rude. The manner and tone in which you interact with others goes a long way.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2840 Sommersby Rd, Mount Airy, MD
Lawrence S Gordon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Airy, MD.