Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence R Hamner III
Dr. Lawrence R Hamner III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery). Dr. Hamner is affiliated with St Davids Medical Center, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and Mission Trail Baptist Hospital. Dr. Hamner has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence R Hamner III has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Excellent credentials and very reassuring presence pre/post op. I have family who are nurses/doctors and the time he spent on actual surgery was very fast. Which is critical if operating on the pump. There were no complications -- no bleeding, no issues with my incisions. I felt I was in good hands.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hamner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Texas Heart Institute
Dr. Lawrence R Hamner III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Texas Cardio Thoracic And Vascular Associates, 4330 Medical Dr Ste 325, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Lawrence R Hamner III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.