Dr. Lawrence J Hartley Jr Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence J Hartley Jr?

Comfortable and Experienced Doc and Staff

Long- time Patient

Dr Hartley has been our doctor for over 25-plus years and we have never had a problem. He is quiet in nature and soft spoken but in my opinion he is very knowledgeable. He has found problems that others doctors over looked that were life threatening. The bad feedback surprised me but you can't please everyone.

totally lacking in diagnostic ability. Takes no interest in the patient's comments, has no personality or bedside manner

Excellent experience.

Second colonoscopy with Dr. Hartley. No problems with recovery. Excellent overall experience. I would recommend him to a friend.

Chief Information Officer

Not sure I understand the lower ratings on Dr. Hartley. My total expeience was excellent. Greenville Memorial on Buncombe handled all the arrangements. Facilities were excellent. The staff was attentive and Dr. Hartley was very professional. This was my third colonoscopy and by far the best experience I have had. It could not have been handled better in all respects.

Will not see again

Could not figure out what was wrong with me. Didn't do a basic test. (CT of Abd). Had to go to a REAL teaching hospital for diagnosis. It took them about 30 min to figure out what was wrong with me after going through problems for 6-7 YEARS.

Does not use propofol during colonoscopy

He uses an older anesthetic that is much harder to recover from than propofol which is the current standard of care.Really terrible disrespectful bedside manner.

Lawrence Hartley....

My opinion of this doctor isn't good at all. I thought he was rude, non-caring,was of no help to me.

My wife went for g/i pain. Dr. Hartley's bedside manner is terrible. He spent 3.5 minutes with us and was impatient. He wanted to verbally harp on the need for a pregnancy test before doing a C/T scan even though we clearly understand the need for this and were in agreement. When my wife had a endoscopy/colonoscopy a very harsh anesthetic was used instead of Propofol which is the standard of care in 2011. My wife had a history of losing hair and having a hard time with anesthsia which Hartley would have known if he had taken his time and done a better history.

Excellent care

Excellent care, put me right at ease as this was my first colonoscopy. I was very comfortable during the procedure. He listened to my concerns and was very compassionate.