Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker has the following 18 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Stress Testing
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
STAY AWAY! I went for a routine check up and blood work. He recommended a number of unnecessary procedures not covered by my insurance totaling over $1800 of which I am liable for $755. After registering an appeal, I was told he followed protocol and I am out a tremendous amount of money. I feel robbed. This man is the embodiment of all that is wrong with our current health system. I repeat, STAY AWAY!!!!
I chose Dr. Hecker as my PCP, but it doesn't seem he is competent in his own abilities. Even though I've been taking thyroid medication for decades, now all of a sudden, I have to see a specialist to get my prescription. Been wearing compression stockings for circulation since having a severe infection 25 years ago, but now I have to see a vascular surgeon to get them. Test results take FOREVER to find out the results. Office staff is wonderful, but I'm tired of having to go see a specialist for every little thing.
I rarely see this doctor as appointments generally take three weeks to make, over an hour to happen after they are scheduled, and last for less than five minutes. Repeatedly, when I am sick with something temporal, it is pointless to make an appointment with him, as I can't get in, generally, for two to three weeks. Referrals are little better: about half the calls result in 5-10 minutes of Muzac, then you get cut off.
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence P Hecker, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Lawrence P Hecker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.