Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Katzell
Dr. Lawrence Katzell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Katzell is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital (on staff), Fort Lauderdale Hospital and Imperial Point Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Lawrence Katzell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence Katzell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 7
He's an ok doctor. I was a little upset when I went to see him because I had laryngitys and he was talking to me from like a mile away. I have never seen a doctor who does that. Honestly, if you don't want to get sick, you might want to stay home and enclose yourself in a bubble. I was offended, but he gave me the medicine which I believe is now working. He doesn't show that much of a genuine care as he tries to make a mockery out of everything you say, it's more like a comedy club than a doctor's office. Now, his staff is definitely better in a sense that they are easier to talk to and are also more empathetic about whatever the reason of your visit might be. Good luck, if you're generally healthy and don't need to go to the Drs as much, then he might be a good choice. But, if you need someone who is caring, compassionate and is not a joker, then you might want to skip him and keep looking.
Dr. Katzell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Holy Cross Hospital (on staff)
Fort Lauderdale Hospital
Imperial Point Medical Center
North Ridge Medical Center
36 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2000 NE 49th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence Katzell, MD - Internal Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in this video.
Dr. Lawrence Katzell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.