Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Byron, GA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kirk is affiliated with The Medical Center Navicent Health and Houston Medical Center. Dr. Kirk has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
The other reviews you see are many years old. As of 2016 Dr. Kirk is not where you want to go. I have panic attacks and night seizures. Dr. Kirk will not treat either and have been waiting on a referral for months. When I broke my leg and went to ER, they told me to follow up with primary. Again Dr Kirk will not treat and still no referral. Unacceptable practice!
Doctor Kirk is the best family doctor I have ever dealt with
Dr. Kirk is a good christian man, a good family man and a kind and compassionate doctor. He does not rush thru examinations and always takes time to listen and give feedback. He also comes to my home to see my husband, who is paralyzed and unable to get to his office easily. We feel blessed to have him as our doctor and are very satisfied with his competency as a doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kirk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsByron Family Health Care, 200 GA Highway 49 S, Byron, GA
Dr. Lawrence F Kirk Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Byron, GA.