Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence P Kirschenbaum has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Sports Injuries
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I can see why the reviews are so critical. I agree, Dr. Kirschenbaum is not exactly a people person but I could tell, he really does care. As for the computer, don't blame it on him. It's the government that mandates electronic medical records now. And he didn't design the exam rooms. Some of the big hospitals have it so their computer is on a stand that moves but osg probably doesn't have money for this kind of thing. He can't help the way the exam tables and computers are set up. And he did make eye contact. He would be at the computer but if I had a question, he would stop and look. I've been to three other doctors in his specialty and they all have the same demeanor. In this case, he's an experience physician so, you must overlook his personality.
Upon walking into the exam room, he never introduced himself and it was our first time meeting. He focused mainly on the computer the entire time. Was very rude, condescending, and continually cut me off while I was speaking. He did not answer any of my questions, refused to give non-narcotic medication after receiving it from his PA previously, instead telling me he would only treat my pain with more invasive injections. He then went on to say that he would not meet with me again to talk about anything unless it was about the injections. He was also very rough during the physical part of the exam, putting me in more pain than when I walked in. I would never recommend him to anyone ever.
Found him extremely arrogant, condescending, and disrespectful!!! Would NOT answer my questions, saying "They will tell you all about that in the recovery room!" How about ...... NO!!! Explain the procedure and expected outcome BEFORE the procedure happens! Found him extremely rude, and I DEFINITELY would NOT recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Kirschenbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence P Kirschenbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLawrence P Kirschenbaum Md, 305 Black Rock Tpke, Fairfield, CT
Dr. Lawrence P Kirschenbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfield, CT.