Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence Leventhal has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery
- Spinal Fractures
- Bone Fracture
- Wrist Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. leventhal quickly diagnosed my back problem after dealing with back pain for 25 years and seeing many other doctors. He performed surgery and in less than a day I was feeling better than I have in many years. He's very personable and spent time explaining everything to me including my options and risks. I highly recommend him. The hospital staff said I chose an exceptional doctor who only excepts profection.
My daughter was injured in an accident at work. We were sent to Dr Leventhal.After finally getting in, you felt like you were being hurried. In and out. So, my daughter who is 24 was told she could finish her physical therapy at home. If she had any problems she could come back. My daughter moved out of town for college and came back after ten months. She has always had flare ups. Now her flare ups for the same problem in her lower back has arised. Now he will not see her. Just got a call from his office. Katie states he will not see her since he discharged her. So, he says. The real reason is that she is workmans comp. He doesn't want to help people who are in pain. If he did , then he would help her. I will not recommend Dr Leventhal at all. Katie was nice and very professional doing her job. It does not reflect on the staff. But it is too bad that people can not stand up for what is right.
St Josephs Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence Leventhal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAll Care Orthopedics, 801 W Temple Ave, Effingham, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence Leventhal in this video.
Dr. Lawrence Leventhal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Effingham, IL.