Dr. Lawrence Lustig Is this you?

Surgery Cancelled at Last Minute

Posted on March 22nd, 2017

To summarily cancel a surgery with no regard to the disruption it causes so many people indicFollowing an unsuccessful surgery in early December 2016, toward the end of January 2017, I was scheduled for a second, more invasive surgery to occur on Friday, March 24, 2017. On Tuesday, 3/21 in the afternoon, I was notified by Dr. Lustig's schedule coordinator, Emily, that my surgery had been cancelled because Dr. Lustig had been appointed as President of a board? and had meetings to attend that day. The result was that he could do only 2 surgeries on Fridays, but not 3. When my surgery was being scheduled, I was told there was no one else on the schedule for that day. Now, Emily tells me that she was away, and the person covering the scheduling job did not have her calendar of already scheduled surgeries, and that there was another patient ahead of me. In addition, a cancer patient has (understandably) been given priority...making me the 3rd patient, and thus bumped. I run a day care center in my home, and had already notified my clients that I would be closed on Friday. They've made other arrangements, and I scheduled some renovation work to occur while the day care was closed. I had also completed my pre-surgical lab work, and made arrangements for someone to drive me to and from the surgery (about an hour and a half away). ates a total disregard and disrespect for the patient. I can't express how frustrated and stressed I am over this. I've been offered the following Friday, but all the logistics for this Friday are already in place and can't be changed.

Posted on August 30th, 2011

The only doctor to actually diagnose my issues - issues i've had my whole life and had given up on treating. My case is quite unique and he did not jump into any treatments...he studied and tested to treat appropriately. Post-operatively HE called ME and gave me his direct contact info. I feel like a person not a file..

Posted on May 5th, 2010

I feel very lucky to be treated by Dr. Lustig and the whole choclear implant team at UCSF.I had an implant done at another facility and there is no comparison to my treatment at UCSF

Posted on April 17th, 2017