Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry Lyons has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Larry Lyons has the following 6 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Larry Lyons has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I'm not sure where to begin. First the office where he works is filthy. The fire emergency map is scribbled on a ripped piece of construction paper. And he is ALWAYS late. One visit, my appointment was at 1PM and I wasn't seen until after 2PM. Not only that, Dr. Lyons didn't even apologize for his tardiness. Also, he only prescribes birth control when he feels like it. A month ago, when I was in the office, he gave me a refill for my birth control, no problem. He gave me zero indication that he wouldn't refill it ever again. So, when it came time for me to call in my refill to the pharmacy, Dr. Lyons refused to refill it (claiming that birth control wasn't his specialty....even though he filled it for me just a month earlier!) and told me to see a gynecologist. I told him that the earliest gynecology appointment wasn't for a few weeks, which would completely mess up my cycle by leaving a two week gap in between pills. He still refused. I asked that he give me one last refill for the inconvenience he caused by not letting me know he wouldn't refill my prescription any more after my last visit, and giving me no time to make a gynecologist appointment. He still refused, or should I say, he had his receptionist refuse. I asked to speak to him, but the receptionist said he was busy and in the middle of something. I asked again five minutes later and she said he left for the day! He could have cared less that a concerned patient was on the phone. Needless to say, I have switched doctors and would not recommend Dr. Lawrence Lyons to ANYONE.
St Francis Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry Lyons in this video.
Dr. Larry Lyons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irwin, PA.