Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence M Allen
Dr. Lawrence M Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV, with another office in Henderson, NV. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Internal Medicine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, Valley Hospital Medical Center and Mountainview Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence M Allen has 2 locations
3012 S Durango Dr Ste 1
Las Vegas, NV 89117
PO Box 50590
Henderson, NV 89016
Book Online Now
Dr. Lawrence M Allen has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence M Allen has the following 13 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cholesterol Management
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Varicose Veins
Showing 5 of 12
Cheryl B. Las Vegas, NV
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Allen - Posted on October 13th, 2017
saw dr larry allen very nice very attentive and thorough his diagnosis was right on and his staff is very courteous from to the nurse to the front office he even saw my mother when she was visiting on vacation was pleased by my pick of this dr and office they were so patient with me even called me back shortly because i had a problem with medication he lives up to the phrase of caring about you and your health
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Allen - Posted on August 12th, 2017
Best Doctor Ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Allen - Posted on August 1st, 2017
I was in horrible pain because of Dr. Allen's misdiagnosis!!! He told me it would not do any good to see another Doctor as I asked!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Allen - Posted on July 18th, 2017
Did not even know I was in Menopause and told me I had a vitamin overdose buildup and go home and throw vitamins away.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Allen - Posted on April 28th, 2017
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence M Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Lawrence M Allen
Being a good doctor takes time Careful listening is one of the most valuable gifts I give my patients. The support of MDVIP allows me an opportunity to practice medicine the way I always imagined... with a greater focus on preventive care which I know can make a lifesaving difference.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence M Allen, MD - Internal Medicine in Las Vegas, NV, in this video.
Dr. Lawrence M Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.