Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence M Allen
Dr. Lawrence M Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with St Rose Dominican Hospital Rose De Lima Cmps, Valley Hospital Medical Center and Summerlin Medical Center. Dr. Allen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence M Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cholesterol Management
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Varicose Veins
Showing 5 of 20
saw dr larry allen very nice very attentive and thorough his diagnosis was right on and his staff is very courteous from to the nurse to the front office he even saw my mother when she was visiting on vacation was pleased by my pick of this dr and office they were so patient with me even called me back shortly because i had a problem with medication he lives up to the phrase of caring about you and your health
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Medical Center Of Southern Nevada
Dr. Lawrence M Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiagnostic Center of Medicine / Durango, 3012 S Durango Dr Ste 1, Las Vegas, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence M Allen in this video.
Dr. Lawrence M Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.