Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The office is nasty, the wallpaper is peeling, the carpet is dirty and the furniture in the waiting room is filthy. Dr Cohen once used antiseptic on my husband that he had in an old Windex bottle! Even his office staff complains about him. I finally left him when I developed a serious illness and he wouldn't take me serious. I have a new doctor and much better health care. The more I have talked to people I learn he has a horrible professional reputation and doubt very seriously that he has ever taken continuing education classes.
It is impossible to call this office and have someone answer your call. I had a medical issue I found serious and finally saw Dr Cohn he brushed my symptoms aside. This office is in it for the money in my opinion. The office is in a ruff area, it looks like all of the furniture in the office were from a garage sale. I can not stress this enough DON'T USE THIS DR. Going to the Dr is expensive so find one with a nice office who answers your calls and spends time with you and cares about the reason your there. If you want any of that don't use Dr Cohn.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Vincent Hospital Health Center
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIrvington Family Physicians, 5839 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Lawrence M Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.