Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence E Mallette has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Jaw Cancer
- Addison Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Gland Cancer (Parathyroid Neoplasm)
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I'm a former patient who has been following his advice for over a decade now. Because of his help changing my diet in small ways (like adding cinnamon to foods and coffee, or adding CLA, ALA supplements), I've been able to have 2 healthy pregnancies. This is remarkable, because I have all the risk factors for having difficult pregnancies. I feel like he has helped me add years to my life (and that means the world to me, my loving husband AND my children).
Dr. Mallett is not only one of the most knowledgable, conscientious, patient, and thorough doctors I've ever dealt with, he's a very fine person and musician!
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
48 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Lawrence E Mallette accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Edward Mallette Md, 2028 Dryden Rd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence E Mallette in this video.
Dr. Lawrence E Mallette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.