Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence R Menendez has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Soft Tissue Cancer
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Cancer
- Femoral Cancer (Thigh Bone Neoplasm)
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I don't understand why there are bad reviews about Dr.Menendez. He is the best surgeon, that's all count. I have a orthopaedic friend who was resident at USC, medical school at UCLA, he said Dr.Menendez is good at what he does. Also, dr.menendez did my surgery and he saved my life and my leg. I would have to amputate if it was other orthopaedic doctor, but he saved it.
He was rude and discourtious. My husband and I had a hard time sitting through the entire appointment and not just walking out. He doesn't make eye contact. He talked very unprofessionally about my prior doctor. He in short I beleive has a God complex. I thought that was just a "TV" term, but found it to be alive and well in his demeanor. His staff seems to run scared of him. Not a health enviroment for anyone. I chose to leave his care and find a professional.
If only I could give 0 stars. This man was incredibly rude and arrogant, which would be tolerable if he were a good doctor, but not only did he botch my surgery, but he refused to acknowledge that there was a problem while I did 7 months of physical surgery that did nothing to improve my condition. It was only after the problem was diagnosed by another doctor (who took all of 2 minutes to realize the problem), that he finally admitted my knee was dislocated (and had been since the surgery) and that this is why I was not improving. Any time I run into people who have had negative orthopedic surgery experiences, I ask the name of the surgeon, and at least 50% of the time is turns out to be Menendez. This guy is a nightmare. Do yourself a favor and avoid him.
America's Top Doctors for Cancer (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® For Cancer are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals as being the best in preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer and its related ramifications. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Menendez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Lawrence R Menendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Southern California Orthopedic, 1520 San Pablo St Ste 2000, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence R Menendez in this video.
Dr. Lawrence R Menendez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.