Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence M Nichols has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lawrence M Nichols has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Lawrence M Nichols has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I was referred by my insurance company, whom the Dr. is contracted with. The front office staff wanted an authorization form. With another call to my insurance co., they said the form wasn't needed. I sat in the office for 45 min. and was refused service. My insurance Co. is looking into the matter and is sending me somewhere else. A day wasted. And in the meantime, my condition is getting worse!
We found Dr. Nichols thru our insurance company and went for our daughter's acne issues. I was greeted kindly by the front desk ladies, was told everything upfront as far as cost and felt comfortable. We were taken to a room within 5 minutes and were seen by the Dr within another 5 minutes...all before our actual appt time. The dr was friendly, funny and easy to talk to. He was quick with a treatment plan and careful to listen to my daughter's thoughts and fears.Based on that visit, I signed up for follow up appts and made an appt for another of our children. Highly, highly recommend Dr Nichols's office.
NEVER GO HERE! DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO CALL AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT! 0 star! Their staffs are very mean! And I'm talking about giving you an attitude.. Oh, if you think the wife would be of help, forget about it. She'll go with whatever her staffs would say. They are not professional. I believe customer service doesnt exist in this place so you won't get any. I haven't even seen the doctor himself, I was just setting up an appointment and they stressed me out already ( mind u with my skin problems and all..) don't go here.
Dr. Nichols is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Lawrence M Nichols accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLawrence M Nichols Inc, 5471 La Palma Ave Ste 205, La Palma, CA
Dr. Lawrence M Nichols is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Palma, CA.