3.9

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence S Pierce?

Honest Doctor

I have seen Dr. Pierce (both of them, but this is specific to Laurence), and he is by far a great doctor. As I read some of these comments I think back to some of our conversations. I will say that he is very blunt (which personally I like in a doctor). He is straight forward and tells you how it is. He is also caring and considerate (both for your emotional and financial well being, on top of your physical well being). He is not for everyone, but if you want to know what you are getting, how much it will cost, and what your options are... see Dr. Pierce. It is so hard to find an honest doctor... I personally do not like doctors who "sugar coat" things and I especially do not like ones who do procedures and then send me a bill without even telling me there would be costs out of pocket! Dr. Pierce does not do that and wants to ensure you understand what you are dealing with before proceeding with anything. So if you like honesty, see Dr. Pierce ;)

Dr. Pierce is professional, good attitude, patient doctor. He is kind to accept us the last minute from the due date. None of the doctors accepted us with the low income program. The best doctor in this area.

5 star doctor!

I love Dr. Pierce and his staff. He has delivered my children and my grandchildren. I trust his judgement with every fiber of my being. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor that is knowledgeable and trust worthy.

Wonderful!

The most wonderful and knowledgeable doctor ever! Dr Brock Pierce is incredible. He sits down and takes the time to answer any questions you have.

Awesome!!

I have NEVER before posted a review for a physician online; however, I felt like I had to make some comments regarding Dr. Larry Pierce. I have been his patient for 20+ years. There is NO ONE I trust more with my health care (and also that of my family members!) than him. He has delivered all three of my children, and I had the BEST experiences with him and his office staff. He always made sound medical judgments regarding my care (and I had some problems in one of my pregnancies that required very close supervision). Joy (his office nurse) is such a great person and has worked with him for as long as I've been going there. The negative comments that I've read on this website about his office (smelling of urine??) are simply untrue. His office is ALWAYS clean! I would recommend any friend of mine (who wants great care!!) to go to him.

Drs' Pierce NOT recommended

At 36 weeks pregnant I had been seeing Dr. Brock Pierce since I was 14 weeks along and I finally had the chance to meet his partner and father Dr. Laurence Pierce. Right when he walked in the door Dr. Laurence proceeded to tell me how incompetent his son was because he had not yet done a Strep B or 2nd HIV test on me and they were due a week ago. Dr. Laurence had barely introduced himself and was in my room all of about 30 sec when he told me that I was to “take off my bottoms”. When I said that I wasn’t comfortable switching doctors and asked if the test could be done the next week or I was even willing to come back the next day, I was informed that the test was already past due and he couldn’t believe I was going to be difficult about this. He said Brock was busy and he was just trying to help out and I should be grateful that my appointment hadn’t been rescheduled and I was even being seen. He then made a circle with one hand and used the index finger of his other hand to demonstrate to me how the test was administered and told me it was “no big deal” in a tone that was totally meant to make me feel like an idiot for having reservations about having some new Dr. I’d never met between my legs. To me it was a big deal and the hand gesture was just rude. Not to mention all this was happening (I was being gestured at and spoken to rudely) and Dr. Laurence had never even shut the door. He was talking to me like an idiot child for everyone in the office to hear. I was mortifying. I’ve never been made to feel so small or been so emabarrased by a Dr. before in my life and I have been to several OBGYN’s as this is my 4th child and I’m 37 years old. I felt like I’d made a very poor choice in Doctors and couldn’t believe that I had paid A LOT of money to be treated so poorly. Also, his comment about his son made me wonder if I had been getting good overall care during my pregnancy Dr. Brock. I would not recommend this Duo of Doctors to anyone having a baby or in need of gynecological services.

Always caring

I've been seeing Dr Pierce for 29 years. If you want straight forward & caring this is your guy. He can be perceived as "gruff" but really it's just not blowing smoke- tells you like it is. He delivered both my children and he diagnosed my mom with breast cancer when the mammogram said she did not have it. He insisted on further testing and was correct. When I had non ob/gyn issues he even had his office call to make sure I had called another doctor and gotten the tests I needed scheduled etc - he was truly concerned. I see some reviews of the office being dirty and urine smelling. I have NEVER encountered that in 29 years. Not once. Office staff is always kind, his nurse is great. They have always worked with my insurance as it has changed over the years. Occasionally I do have to wait but I do know babies can be born any time or that someone needs a little extra time and if I need that time I will get it in turn but I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to wait in 29 years.

no compassion

Literally only concern was the check that was incorrectly sent to my dads home by the insurance instead of the office. I live in oklahoma, and instead of contacting my insurance to issue another check (ofcourse because it hadn't been cashed yet) , he made rude comments about how I need to make sure I get his office the money. Can't stand doctors like this.

Amazing doctor

Dr. Pierce is an amazing doctor and human being. Not only did he successfully operate on my wife's ectopic pregnancy, but he and his staff and his family were extremely supportive when our son was born with a heart condition. He detected it before he was born and treated us with a whole lot of love and understanding. He was such a great help that our son's middle name is his first name. We really felt it in our hearts to honor him. His wife was also an amazing friend to us and really went out of her way. His staff continued to check up on us even after our son passed away. We can't ask GOD to bless him enough! I would recommend him to anyone.

Dr. Pierce is Awesome and Honest

Been using him for 29 years. He is open and honest, would recommend him to anyone. You want a Doctor who is open and helpful, not humble and quiet. ...He cares. I am almost 60, and there is nothing i can't ask him.. I call that a Doctor and he is that.Trustworthy and reliable. Promptness and office wait may not be perfect but it isn't from lack of caring..You may be the next one that needs his extra time.

do not use this doctor

I went to him when I was pregent with my son. he was so ruse and nasty. He yelled at me and my boy friend. He olny care about money and whats to do things that he call bill insurance for. he is the worst so mean.

Worst Doctor Ever

Dr. Pierce is the rudest nastiest person I have ever met. He treats his patients like they are stupid. So condescending to his Hispanic patients. The office is sloppy and dirty. Staff calls in prescriptions for patients so other people can hear.

Dr. Lawrence S Pierce is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Allen, TX.

Dr. Lawrence S Pierce Is this you?