Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Pitts
Dr. Lawrence Pitts, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery. Dr. Pitts is affiliated with UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus and St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Pitts has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Hypoxia
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Cerebellar Diseases
- Cranial Nerve Cancer
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Epidural Cranial Hematoma
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Nervous System Cancer (Neurilemmoma)
- Neurofibromatosis 2
- Skull Base Cancer
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Disorders
- Subdural Hematoma
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Pitts is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Medical Center at UCSF
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
44 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Lawrence Pitts accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions521 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Lawrence Pitts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.