Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence R Poliner has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Lawrence R Poliner has the following 5 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Lawrence R Poliner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
My father was referred to Dr Poliner by his primary physician after having some shortness of breath with walking short distances. He saw Dr Poliner on the following Monday, and he had a treadmill stress test done in his office. The results were very abnormal (severe ST depression in at least 3 leads). Dr Poliner and his staff reassured him that waiting for 10 days to have a cardiac cath done was standard procedure since he wasn't "critical". I told my Dad to call the office back to ask for a sooner date, but the office claimed they were booked up since the doctor was going out of town for the weekend. On Thursday my father was having severe shortness of breath and chest pain. He was brought to the facility that I work for, and it turns out he was "critical"! He had 95-99% stenosis in his circumflex and LAD. He ended up having bypass surgery that Friday. I would never trust Dr Poliner or his staff. If my father would've waited for them to do the procedure he would have died. If you're still curious about Dr Poliner, then do a google search for his controversy with Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Poliner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1969
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Lawrence R Poliner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsLarry Poliner Md Pa, 7777 Forest Ln Ste C600, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence R Poliner in this video.
Dr. Lawrence R Poliner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.