Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence R Morris MD
Dr. Lawrence R Morris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnson City, TN. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence R Morris has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Lawrence R Morris has the following 13 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence R Morris - Posted on December 31st, 2015
Didn't appear to review any of the required pre-appointment information submitted. Poor bedside manner, esp. given he had a resident shadowing him ("there's nothing wrong with you"); not a good example for future doctors. Gave two opposing diagnoses; at appointment and then nurse follow-up call. Will not go back.
49 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence R Morris Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Lawrence R Morris's office for more information.
303 Med Tech Pkwy Ste 200 Johnson City, TN : (423) 794-3040
Locations & DirectionsMEDICAL SPECIALISTS OF JOHNSON CITY, 303 Med Tech Pkwy Ste 200, Johnson City, TN
Dr. Lawrence R Morris is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.