Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence R Morris has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence R Morris has the following 13 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 9
Didn't appear to review any of the required pre-appointment information submitted. Poor bedside manner, esp. given he had a resident shadowing him ("there's nothing wrong with you"); not a good example for future doctors. Gave two opposing diagnoses; at appointment and then nurse follow-up call. Will not go back.
49 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence R Morris accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Specialists Of Johnson City, 303 Med Tech Pkwy Ste 200, Johnson City, TN
Dr. Lawrence R Morris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.