Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence I Rand
Dr. Lawrence I Rand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norwood, MA, with other offices in Ayer, MA and Plymouth, MA . He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Rand is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Emerson Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Plymouth. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence I Rand has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Lawrence I Rand has the following 11 expertise
- Retina Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
Dr. Lawrence I Rand is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Rand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1971
Mass Eye And Ear Infirmary
Dr. Lawrence I Rand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence I Rand in this video.
Dr. Lawrence I Rand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwood, MA.