3.8

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence D Recht?

Wrong Diagnosis and Nearly Fatal Treatment!

Dr. Recht wrote the wrong diagnosis for my tumor, and that's why I was forced to undergo dangerous procedures during my pregnancy and was abused and had to wait for two days for a c-section. The diagnosis was for a tumor that was already removed thirty years ago. The tumor I currently have has been stable all my life and has not changed. It does affect my vision, but Dr. Recht never bothered to find out just how much it does, so each time he sees me he asks the same ignorant questions: "can you see me?". Just that you know, this man is very tall and overweight, so it's not a challenge to see him unless you're totally blind. I didn't realize he was also a psychiatrist. I expressed a physical problem which causes a lot of pain and he proposed antidepressants! You should also know that the antidepressants he proposed nearly took my life, but, again, this physician gets paid too much to bother to do any research. Good luck!

ONGOING RELATIONSHIP IN TRUST

I've been a patient of Dr.Recht's for almost 6 yrs now. Anyone with any kind of cancer or brain tumor knows that time is always an amazement. It means he's helping me do something right to still be here. We got off to a rocky start but over the yrs I have come to trust his judgment and expertise. Medicine isn't an exact science and he knows this. But once you get to know him, Dr.Recht is a wonderful and caring person. I value his feedback and look into my future with him in it.

how good does a neuro onc have to be to be called good

The answer is so good that few would earn that label. Lawrence Recht is considered about his opinions. He allows the patient to live unfettered as long as possible, yet is aware of the tradeoffs. There is no cure for malignant brain tumors, but there can be years, even a decade, even multiple decades before the tumor or something else altogether takes us out. Lawrence Recht understands that and is no cowboy. He is so considered and thoughtful about his actions, that it is often hard for him to put his decisions into words. This is my hope, anyway. I trust him and am betting my life on his judgement. He would be shocked to know that I am writing this, because he always feels challenged by me. I don't really know why that is. Having brain cancer is a tough slog. Doctoring brain cancer is a tough slog. Put the two together and you may not have a match made in heaven, but you may have one that is capable of squeezing the best out of life that is left to enjoy. I know this one thing: I am lucky to have him as my doctor, and if you have brain cancer, you should probably give him a go.

The entire staff who works with Dr. Recht is very warm and caring

Dr. Lawrence D Recht is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Stanford, CA.

Dr. Lawrence D Recht Is this you?