Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence G Root has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
The doctor is very a tentative and listens well. Very easy to get along with. His staff is ok. Could use a crash course in manners though. The answering service that his office uses is the ABSOLUTE WORST! VERY rude people who need to find another job because I've seen wild dogs that have better manners. If Dr. ROOT got rod of his staff, more people would go.
This is the worst doctor office experienced ever. I visited this office with my is a relative and had to wait for over 2 hours before been seen. Then I ask the receptionist Jamie, why is it taking so long...Well she forgot to pull the chart. So I waited over 2 hours and she didn't apologize her for mistake or anything. Doctor Root need to terminate her and hire someone that is NOT RUDE to handle his patients. I am trying to find another doctor at this moment. Im wondering as well why he is still in business. No matter what time your appointment you have to wait at least 2 hours to be seen. And deal with Jamie's attitude of being rude to people.
You can never get them to answer the phone when calling in for appointments. THe receptionist is just plain rude she will put you on hold & never pick up. The poor patients that go there are mainly on medicaid so they come in buses just to be spoken down to and wait for hours. I do not know how this doctor even stays in practice with such a rude crew!~
This office is runned by BJ which is not receiving her messages or NEVER returns her calls. Jamie is the receiptionist VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE. She thinks an appt is not important & she can just send the person home after a long bus trip or hardship of being there. Knowing full well most patients need their medication. That whole crew needs to be terminated if Dr. Root cares to contimue his practice.
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1975
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Lawrence G Root accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoot & Scott, 1315 St Joseph Pkwy Ste 1500, Houston, TX
Dr. Lawrence G Root is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.