Dr. Lawrence Samkoff Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Samkoff?

Compassionate

Posted on January 5th, 2016

As someone who struggles to speak, knowing he felt my frustration was a great comfort. I fully trusted him with the lumbar puncture and it was completely painless!

Awesome

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

I have seen Dr. Samkoff since 2008 when I was diagnosed with MS. He was one of the doctors on the panel in determining my prognosis. He is very knowledgable about MS; it's symptoms, side effects of medications, etc. When I go in for an appointment, he spends at least 1 hour with me. I feel that I'm getting quality medical care from a physician who specializes in MS. I would never consider changing doctors because he is the best in the field in the Rochester area.

Warning

Posted on March 5th, 2013

I never really saw medical doctors until I started collapsing in public, paralyzed, about four years ago due to Multiple Sclerosis. This has been one of the few doctors I've said 'never again'. However, the Strong MS clinic keeps having me meet him when I arrive despite protests. He is the type of doctor that talks 'to' you, not 'with' you. In my experience, he only gives one option for treatment, makes rash-wrong-judgments that can ruin one's life and/or harm a patient, he will, for lack of reason, pull one of a medicine that is working well and try to force his decision on other doctors if he believes they might take the medicine over (and take it out on the patient when they don't follow his decision); the worst might be when tries to prevent any care for illness unless following his demands absolutely. I have nothing but negative experiences and have sought care elsewhere.

Posted on April 23rd, 2017