Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Schiller
Dr. Lawrence Schiller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schiller is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center and Baylor Specialty Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Schiller has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Esophageal Motility Disorders (Dysmotilities)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Lawrence Schiller did not listen to me, and ordered expensive unnecessary invasive tests. I had seen him a few years earlier for an unrelated problem which had long resolved, but when I went to him for a new problem he didn't listen to me. He picked up from the problem I had seen him for about 3 years earlier and began ordering more expensive tests which benefitted his pocketbook. I even tried talking to him in the hall, because he wouldn't give me a chance in the examining room. He ended up costing me a lot of money, time, and trouble.
Dr. Schiller will actually return phone calls. I find this refreshing and not common for doctors these days. For new patients it may take longer time to get an appointment but once you are an established patient appointments are easy to make. One complaint, I wish that Dr. Schiller would explore more natural methods as well.
Dr. Schiller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor University Medical Center
Baylor Specialty Hospital
41 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1972
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Lawrence Schiller accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Health Practice Office, 712 N Washington Ave, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence Schiller in this video.
Dr. Lawrence Schiller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.