Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Silverman
Dr. Lawrence Silverman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morristown, NJ, with another office in Summit, NJ. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology. Dr. Silverman is affiliated with Morristown Memorial Hospital, Overlook Hospital and AHS Hospital Corp Ovh. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Silverman has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
Dr. Lawrence Silverman has the following 3 expertise
- Growth Disorders
Dr. Lawrence Silverman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence Silverman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My child sees him regularly, every few months. Both she and I despise seeing him. He has almost no bedside manner, he is condescending and acts like he is the authority on absolutely everything. It is very difficult to get an appointment with him and although some of the staff is nice, others are not. The reason I have no switched to another doctor is because many of the other doctors at that practice don't stay very long and I wouldn't want to have to switch again.
I was a patient of Dr. Silverman's for several years. (approx age 9 to age 16 or 17) In the time I was a patient he showed great bedside manner and always explained everything to me instead of my parents. In addition, since I stopped seeing Dr. Silverman I have asked him questions about my condition via email and he is always quick to respond with the best response possible. It is extremely rare to find a doctor who cares enough about their patients after they're no longer patients. I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Silverman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Morristown Memorial Hospital
AHS Hospital Corp Ovh
AHS Morristown Mem Hosp
AHS Hospital Corp Mmh
Morristown Memorial, Overlook
Goryeb Children`s Hospital
26 Years Experience
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence Silverman in this video.
Dr. Lawrence Silverman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.