Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence J Sobel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 8
He was very punctual, he has no staff, it is just him. Unlike other therapists I've been to, he answers the phone when it rings during you session. But that's not the real diappointment. He would never speak, I would say what I could on a subject and he would just stare at you, expecting something more thats's just not there and he won't give you any direction. Whenever I would ask for his thoughts or reactions, he would just say I need more information, again without any direction from him. BUT THE WORST IS, HE WOULD FALL ASLEEP. I am so not kidding. Now maybe it was because i had my sessions on a monday after lunch, i don't know. He would do that classic sleepy persons nod and he would blame it on allergies-(winter or summer) Now I am a very nervous anxious person so it took me 4-5 years to finally get the courage to leave him. If you need someone to listen to you, this is your guy, but don't expect any information or help from him, it took me years dont make same mistake. TY
Dr. Sobel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence J Sobel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Jay Sobel Md, 1 Barstow Rd Ste P12, Great Neck, NY
Dr. Lawrence J Sobel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.